Friday 28 March 2014

NO SMALL TALK BEFORE BREAKFAST : ORANGE, ROSEWATER + PISTACHIO PORRIDGE



Inspiration for this porridge recipe came from the fact that Masterchef is back on our TV screens. Seeing Greg’s eyes light up at any sight of something buttery and biscuity always makes me smile.



It was the rosewater, pistachio + honey polenta cake, made by a contestant in the first episode that got both Greg and myself excited. So I decided to have a try at incorporating it into a refreshing idea for porridge. 

The result? A lovely Autumn – Spring transition recipe. It’s floral flavours lift the porridge to make it feel light and luxurious. I’m not sure how Greg feels about breakfast time but I’m pretty sure the word ‘health’ doesn’t resonate with him very often! Think I’ll try and make the cake next time.



Nutrition : By topping up your diet with lots of pistachio nuts, the oil present will work to prevent the cold winter months from drying out your skin, so you’re ready for the Spring!

Annie x 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home